- Ugly Duck foods is a small company that create and craft a distinctive range of fruit spreads, chutney, relishes and fruit pastes – many of which have won prestigious awards for quality and taste. Their mantra is to fight against wasted fresh produce, drawing from a heritage of family jam-makers to create unique and delicious solutions to the food waste problem.
- At Ugly Duck Fine Foods, they believe that food should not be wasted, and therefore source their fresh ingredients directly from the farm, gathering up their imperfect and surplus produce. To them, the taste and freshness of their ingredients are the only qualities that matter, odd shapes and sizes do not.
- Their products are cooked from scratch in small batches – they do not add any nasties, no preservatives, no artificial colours or flavours.
All their preserves are vegan friendly and naturally gluten free.
- Aussie Stone Fruit – Chutney, 270mL. Gathered unwanted, Australian grown Nectarines and combined them with rich spices to create this mouth-watering stone fruit chutney for you. It is a wonderful addition to cheese platters, sausages or curries. See nutritional info and ingredients here
- Plum Chili – Fruit Paste, 100mL. This is the perfect match for creamy cheeses like triple cream brie, and sharp and crumbly cheddars. Your tongue will first experience the deep sweetness of plums followed closely (and sneakily) by a little gentle heat. See nutritional info and ingredients here
- Quince – Fruit Paste, 100mL. Using spray-free fruit from Stanthorpe in Queensland to create their never-go-wrong-with Quince Paste.
One of the most popular pastes for cheese, their Quince Paste lets the fruit shine through to happily accompany any of your favorite cheeses. See nutritional info and ingredients here
- Pear Pink Pepper – Fruit Paste, 100mL. With somewhat of a cult following, the Pear & Pink Pepper Paste is perfectly paired with strong flavoured cheeses like blue or washed rind. Pink pepper provides a smokey spice rather than heat, offsetting the sweetness provided by Stanthorpe grown pears. See nutritional info and ingredients here
- Fig Fennel – Fruit Paste, 100mL. The Fig Paste is lightly infused with fennel to lift the flavour profile of one of the all-time favorite cheese partners – fig. It is a wonderful accompaniment to goats’ cheese, delicate soft cheeses or washed rind cheeses. See nutritional info and ingredients here