|10 Nov 2018 at 08:00 am||11 Nov 2018 at 04:00 pm|
The Intensive Cheesemaking Course 2 covers cheese as well as some popular non cheese products such as yoghurt and butter. This course came about from people attending Intensive Cheesemaking 1 wanting to go on and make cheese of different styles.
The cheeses and other dairy products that you will produce and go home with are:
- Blue Vein: this allows you to make cheeses from the blue mould styles, with lots of options from strong flavoured blues, to mild and even the creamy styles;
- Edam: this allows you to make cheeses with a washed curd such as Gouda and Havarti
- Halloumi: a unique but easy to make cheese that has become very popular;
- Swiss/French style washed rind: this style allows you to make those lovely tasty but ‘smelly’ cheeses with the red or orange washed rind surface such as Pont L’Eveque, Reblochon, and even Raclette styles;
- Set Greek Yoghurt and Stirred Greek Yoghurt: this allows you to make a whole range of yoghurts from drinking styles through to traditional then thick and creamy, and probiotics and non-probiotic styles are used;
- Whey Ricotta: gourmet ricotta, soft, delicate and creamy, makes a soft delicate baked ricotta;
- Cultured Unsalted Butter: how to work your own butter. You decide to add salt or leave unsalted then later even leave the culture out.
- Cultured Buttermilk: you don’t get much to take home but this is the original and true buttermilk, not the one that comes from the supermarket.
If you have any questions, please send an email or give me a call. I look forward to making cheese with you soon.