- 100mm x 100mm x 110mm tall with no base.
- Will require approximately 1.5 litres of milk but this will vary depending on cheese styles and yields.
- This hoop will provide a traditional square shaped cheese typically used to make Pont-L’Eveque, but it can we used to make any non-pressed style of cheese such as washed rind, halloumi, even a square white mould.
- Most hoops are round shaped, so this hoop will give you a square shape, something different.
- Made of heavy duty food grade HDPE.
- To make a temporary base for the hoop, use a strong rubber band to hold a piece of blue cheese cloth in place over each end. When turning the hoop make sure that you support the rubber band by holding each of the cloths tightly and then flip the hoop. Ideally leave the hoop on some sort of draining mat to help drainage.
Hint: add a small amount of fine dry salt each surface about 1 or 2 hours after hooping. Salting must be very minimal. The salting at this stage allows the salt to progressively work through to the center of the cheese.