Salt for Cheesemaking – Medium Grain
10% Discount if 2 or more are purchased
- Natural sea salt produced in Australia by solar evaporation and then kiln dried.
- The texture is several times more course than the very fine salt and this will ensure a slower rate of dissolving if added onto the cheese surface. Suitable for addition onto the cheese surface and into cheese brines.
- It is refined by washing with clean saturated brine to remove surface impurities, drained of excess moisture, dried and mesh screened to approximate size of 1mm.
- Complies with Australian New Zealand Food Standards Code 2.10.2.
- Crystal is transparent to white opaque solid.
- 5% NaCl.
- Contains no anticaking or free-flowing additives or conditioners. This may cause some clumping over time, but clumps are very easily broken down.
- The product being a natural evaporite may contain occasional minute
inclusions of extraneous matter from the crystal growing
This extraneous matter may manifest itself as
black specks or a light-coloured material, neither of which is
harmful in any way.
- This salt does not have a shelf life in the traditional sense. Salt will not spoil or support pathogenic growth.
- Premium grade used by commercial cheesemakers in Australia.
1kg, 2kg, 3kg