- This is a great kit to make everyday cheese (of which there are several versions), as well as Persian Feta, Cream Cheese and Quark.
- Ideal if you have never made cheese previously and you want to learn the basics of cheesemaking. The recipes, techniques and instructions used to make the cheeses from this kit are provided via email and are very easy to follow. We recommend starting with the everyday cheese before progressing to make Persian Feta, Cream Cheese and Quark
- All the cheeses from this kit can be made using cow’s milk, goats milk or a mixture of both
- With some experience, the equipment in this kit will allow you to make more than 100 cheeses, it won’t become obsolete as you progress.
- The starters in this kit are enough to make a few hundred Litres of milk into cheese
- The key element of the Simple Cheeses kits is they allow you to make three varieties of this cheese and as you make the cheese you will become aware of some of the different cheesemaking technologies that you have used to transform milk into curds and whey, then into cheese. These different technologies provide the basics that you will need should you decide to progress onto different styles of cheese.
- There are also many options for variation with your everyday cheese. Some simple tweaks to the recipe will yield a sharper flavour and crumbly texture or creamier flavour and softer texture. You can choose to eat it within a few days or within a few weeks. If you wish to wait even longer you can vacuum seal and age your cheese in the fridge, which will also allow greater flavour development.
- This kit is especially good for experimenting with goats milk and the different techniques and flavours it provides
- When you are ready, you will be able to use your skills, ingredients and equipment to start making a soft Persian Feta style cheese. This can be eaten fresh, ashed or marinated with your favourite herbs and oil. Marinating instructions are provided
- A further progression is making a cream cheese or a tangy Quark or a Labneh, that drain in the cotton bag provided. This style of soft cheese has multiple uses; make your own dips, add to tacos, salads, boiled or baked potatoes, eat as is with nice accompaniments, spread onto toast or sandwiches, make a larger batch for a baked cheesecake or make marinated labneh.
There are also three cheese vat* options for this kit.
Please select your preference from the drop down menu
- The Simple Cheese Kit with no vats (you will need to supply a cheese vat or a pot to make the cheese)
- The Simple Cheese Kit + 8L polycarbonate cheese vat/lid
- The Simple Cheese Kit + 8L polycarbonate cheese vat/lid + 24L jacket
*A cheese vat is the container that holds the warm milk while it becomes curds and whey. The jacket is another container that holds warm water, that the cheese vat sits in, like a bain marie/double boiler. More information and instructions can be read here
The Make a Simple Cheese plus Persian Feta Kit contains the following items
- M235 Culture
- M265 Culture
- TPC Culture
- Calcium Chloride Liquid – 50ml
- Rennet Vegetarian 20mL
- Lipase small
- 2 x Crottin Hoops
- 2 x Baskets
- Curd Scoop – Stainless Steel
- Curd Scoop for making Persian Feta & Lactic curd
- Curd Stirrer – 240ml Stainless Steel
- Pipette / Dropper x 2
- Syringe 1mL x 4
- Sanitiser – Iodine Food Grade 50ml
- Mini Measuring Spoons – set of 5 spoons
- Black Digital thermometer
- Ash 20g
- Quark/Labneh/Cream Cheese draining bag + hanging hook
- Whey draining tray
Note: the image may or may not represent exact items contained in this cheesemaking kit due to periodic changes and kit upgrades.