Dosage and pack size
· Large size (10 Doses) will inoculate up to 1,000 to 10,000 litres of milk (foil sachet)
· Small size (1.6 Doses) will inoculate up to 150 to 1,500 litres of milk (screw cap bottle).
· Add ¼ to ½ drop spoon to 8 litres of milk. Less or more can be applied depending on the intensity of flavour required.
Types of Cheese BA 406 can be used on
Cheeses like Comte, Tomme, Parmesan, Romano, Pecorino, Emmenthaler, Gruyere, Swiss, hard cheese, Tomme, Leerdammer, Appenzeller, Sbrinz, Asiago, Montasio.
· BA 406 contains Brevibacterium Aurantiacum.
· It is aerobic so it develops on the surface of the cheese.
· It is a flavouring culture used for aged Swiss styles of cheese.
· Even though it has Brevibacterium in its name, it is not to be used as a ‘wash’ as per typical Brevibacterium Linens, ‘washed rind’ cultures.
· The optimum growth temperature is 20°C – 35°C. But it will grow slower at refrigeration temperatures.
· It is very salt resistant. Is able to grow in the presence of salt at 15%, so will survive and grow when the cheese is brine or dry salted.