Dosage and pack size
- Large size (20 Doses) will inoculate 3,000 to 10,000 litres of milk (foil sachet)
- Small size (6 Does) will inoculate up to 500 to 1,500 litres of milk (screw cap bottle).
- Add 1/8 to 1 drop spoon to 8 litres of milk depending on level of flavor development required. An increased dosage rate will generate increased flavour development.
Benefits of using SX 34
- SX 34 ripens the cheese from within the cheese paste as well as from the surface. The flavour is similar to what is found in raw milk camembert cheeses in France. SX34 will hasten/accelerate flavour development, for example on a white mould cheese the flavour development is accelerated by about two weeks. The flavour is quite pronounced particularly for aged cheeses so minimal dosage is only is required.
- SX 34 contain Staphylococcus Xylosus and is a member of the Micrococci family and is one of the best options available to cheesemakers to develop lots of aroma and flavour to the cheese and to break down the texture of the cheese during maturation.
- SX 34 effect on the aroma is that of rounding-off the flavours and works harmoniously with CU 77 to produce earthy/farmyard (from the SX) and fruity flavours (from the CU77)without any sharp dominating notes.
- SX 34 establishes itself rapidly on the surface of the cheese to inhibit potentially contaminating micro-organisms but will not affect the growth of Geotrichum or white moulds.
- When added to wash rind cheeses, it grows faster than B linens and protects the cheese against contaminants while the B Linens establishes itself.
- SX 34 can be used independently or in conjunction with white mould, Geotrichum, blue moulds and all Aroma and Ripening Cultures for a more complex flavour profile.
- SX 34 is a bacteria and can be used to any variety of soft cheese or hard cheese.