186 mm PRESSED CHEESE HOOP
- Hoop is 188mm diameter x 96mm high with base at one end.
- Consists of 1 x hoop + 1 x end cap/follower (one piece) .
- Will require approximately 10 to 14 litres of milk but this will vary depending on cheese styles and yields.
- This hoop traditionally is used to make a large wheel of cheese such as Camembert, Brie or triple cream but with the end cap and follower it allows you to also make a pressed cheese.
- Made of heavy duty food grade HDPE.
- The base provides support to the large diameter cheese while turning.
Hint: Always keep curd warm prior to and during, overnight pressing. If there is a thermophile used as a culture keep the curd into the mid 30’s C, if a mesophile keep the curd into the mid 20’s C. It is very important for conversion of the residual lactose into lactic acid.
186 mm END CAP/FOLLOWER
- Consists of 1 x end cap/follower (one piece).
- If you already have the 186mm diameter hoop (with base), the end cap will now turn that same hoop into a pressed cheese hoop.
- A strong hoop suitable for all large pressed cheese types eg Tomme, Gouda, Cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan.
- The end cap is to allow you to apply that extra pressure during the pressing step required for some large cheese without the disc bending.