- Straight sides, no base, 100mm diameter x 100mm tall.
- Will require 1 to 1.5 litres approximately of milk but this will vary depending on cheese styles and yields.
- This is the same hoop used by commercial camembert and brie manufacturers, they call this hoop ‘Moule Camembert’.
- This hoop can be used for cheese such as Camembert, Brie, Persian Feta, Greek Feta.
- Made of heavy-duty food grade HDPE.
- This hoop does not have a base and is ideal for good curd drainage for camembert and brie. Most of the whey drainage occurs from the base of the hoop.
- To make a temporary base for the hoop, use a strong rubber band to hold a piece of blue cheese cloth in place over each end. When turning the hoop make sure that you hold/support the rubber band by holding each of the cloths tightly and then flip the hoop. Ideally leave the hoop on some sort of draining mat to help drainage.
- 100mm end caps and followers are available to purchase separately if you choose to make this hoop into a pressed cheese hoop. See 100 mm end caps + follower.
Hint: Toad skin. The surface of the cheese easily comes away from the cheese and leave an almost liquid cheese paste just under the surface. This is not a health risk. It is caused by accelerated proteolysis, usually by the Geotrichum and or while mould. Many causes, some are in adequate drained curd, incomplete salting, excessive temperature during geo and white mould growth phases.